SERVPRO of Bloomfield is Here and Ready to Help!
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 248-344-0044 or 248-855-8167
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Bloomfield has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Living in Michigan, it is a known fact that the summer season brings around a fair share of stormy weather. Here at SERVPRO, we understand how unpredictable the weather can be and stress the importance of always being prepared for any weather emergency.
One way to be prepared for a weather emergency, such as a damaging storm or tornado, is to have an emergency supply kit on hand should the weather prevent you from leaving your home or keeping you confined to one area. The Federal Emergency Management Agency recommends a few items to include in a basic emergency supply kit:
- Water (at least one gallon per day, per person, for at least three days)
- Food (at least a three day supply of non-perishable items)
- Battery-powered radio/NOAA Weather Radio and extra batteries.
- Flashlights with extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- Whistle that can be used to signal for help.
- Moist towelettes and garbage bags (for personal sanitation).
- Local maps.
- Wrench/Pliers to turn off utilities if necessary.
Aside from these basic necessities, some additional items you might want to consider adding to an emergency supply kit could include:
- Prescription medicine and glasses.
- Infant formula and diapers.
- Pet food and extra water for your pets.
- Important family documents, such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in a portable, waterproof container.
- Cash/Change, or traveler's checks.
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person.
- Full change of clothing for each person.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Matches in a waterproof container.
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items.
- Mess kits, paper cups, plates, plastic utensils, paper towels.
- Paper and pencil.
- Books, games, puzzles, or other activities for kids.
As always, SERVPRO is prepared for any emergency you may have.